Andy Timmons

Talk about your favorite players.

Andy Timmons

Postby linuxpenguin » Sun May 04, 2014 1:52 am

Has been floating my boat recently. Any of you guys like him?

Hes not "over the top good" like Steve Vai or Paul Gilbert, but I really dig his melodic style. Reminds me of some Satch.

heres a cool vid of one of his songs called "super 70s" very fun song to play along with to.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKeMzevbcgw
linuxpenguin

Re: Andy Timmons

Postby therightjem » Sun May 04, 2014 2:22 am

I actually like him better than Vai or Gilbert. He's one of my current favorites. Oh, and he can turn it up a few notches if he wants to. Check this one out...

therightjem

Postby linuxpenguin » Sun May 04, 2014 7:44 am

Not gonna lie, that sounds kinda sloppy actually. Granted he outplays 98% of the population of the planet, its just "not him" when he does that kinda stuff for me.

I love his smooth melodic pentatonic stuff mostly. Kinda hits me the same way eric johnson does.
linuxpenguin

Postby therightjem » Mon May 05, 2014 6:14 am

I wish there was a good recording of this one. Andy does badass instrumental covers of popular songs, and this is one of them.

therightjem

Postby fwd0120 » Mon May 05, 2014 8:54 pm

Nah, check out Groove or Die, he can shred, too. One of my favorites, and probably my #1 stylistic influence!
fwd0120

Postby Treva » Mon May 05, 2014 9:10 pm

I've been in love with Andy playing since Danger Danger, he is that kind of player who makes every note counts.
In this song he could've played scales ups and downs runs, penta boxes and power chords like the majority would do but not, every phrase was attached to the main melody and there are no parts like "hey I'll just shred here and fuck the song".
Even though that song is from 1991 and the majority of players were trying to show their techniques, Andy showed his technique was about making the melody stands out and not making technique stands out itself, he always had my attention and respect.It's a very simple song but his riffs and phrases took it to another level, even if you don't like it just pay attention to his phrases, clearly he was above 99% of players who would've shredded like crazy or just played penta boxes.

"Continue to operate in an alternate universe all you want, I'll choose to operate in reality, and laugh at people like you." - Tampabro
Treva
ADM

Postby linuxpenguin » Tue May 06, 2014 7:24 pm

That was a pretty cool song. That singer tho haha :shock:
linuxpenguin

Postby Spectre » Wed May 07, 2014 1:22 pm

I'm with ya!
Andy kicks ass. Best thing about Danger Danger was Andy... lol
One half of the Pepper Bros Party Machine!
Spectre
ADM

Return to Players