My favorite pedal

Re: My favorite pedal

Postby therightjem » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:35 pm

Well, I'll try a track with the mic. I don't remember what I didn't like about it, but I do remember preferring direct.
therightjem

Postby Nazzer » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:37 pm

The mic will give you a more natural sound, but going direct is fine too.

Do what you want man. ;)
Nazzer
ADM

Postby Treva » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:37 pm

Bro try putting the mic at the same place your ears are while playing it, mic should record the same tone your ears are listening ;)
If you prefer direct tone, keep with it but it's strange your mic is not recording something close to what you got direct.
Mixing both direct and miked should sound even better ;)
"Continue to operate in an alternate universe all you want, I'll choose to operate in reality, and laugh at people like you." - Tampabro
Treva
ADM

Postby therightjem » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:44 pm

Truth be told, I'll be impressed if I manage a mildly successful pedal demo. I really doing it because you were right regarding experience, and how it's beneficial to playing.
therightjem

Postby Treva » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:47 pm

I was right?!
Are you crazy?!

:lol:
"Continue to operate in an alternate universe all you want, I'll choose to operate in reality, and laugh at people like you." - Tampabro
Treva
ADM

Postby therightjem » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:50 pm

Treva wrote:Bro try putting the mic at the same place your ears are while playing it, mic should record the same tone your ears are listening ;)
If you prefer direct tone, keep with it but it's strange your mic is not recording something close to what you got direct.
Mixing both direct and miked should sound even better ;)

I don't think they were wildly different. Seems I just preferred direct, but like I said, I don't remember exactly why. And I've read that mixing both sounds good, but have never tried it.
therightjem

Postby therightjem » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:52 pm

Treva wrote:I was right?!
Are you crazy?!

I know. On second thought, why am I listening to the mean guy from jemsite? :lol:
therightjem

Postby Treva » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:02 am

Treva
ADM

Postby therightjem » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:26 am

Okay, I finally got a workable demo of this pedal together. I followed the plan I mentioned before, which was play a piece of music twice, once without the pedal, the next with the pedal. I recorded different settings with each, with each piece also varying in style.

Gear used was an Ibanez JEM7VWH into the BB Preamp, then into an MXR Dyna Comp, then into the amp. The amp is a Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 18 and in the FX loop is a Lexicon MPX-1. The Dyna Comp was used on the first four pieces (clean channel). The Lexicon was on a delay patch for everything except the 4th piece, which uses a reverb patch. Without further ado, here it is...

https://soundcloud.com/chronic-fatigue/ ... reamp-demo
therightjem

Postby aussiebluesville » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:41 am

you know strangely enough my digitech rp255 is growing on me, went to the digitech site downloaded a lot of presets then tweaked them into an erray of incredible sounds, i'm learning to like it after playin around with some preset sounds and mastering a few new creations myself :shock:
USA Fender Telecaster 2012
Epiphone Dot Studio with seymour duncans SH1 & SH4
KLD GT-20HM Head
Blackstar ID Core 10 Amp
1x12 Cab with Eminence tonespotter
Maton EM300 acoustic
aussiebluesville

PreviousNext

Return to Pedals & Racks