My favorite pedal

My favorite pedal

Postby therightjem » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:24 am

I bought the Xotic BB Preamp a few months ago, and I have to say it is incredible. I was searching for something that breaks up my clean channel nicely, and my distortion pedal, while good on the lead channel, was always a bit bright and buzzy on the clean. The BB Preamp does this nicely. The sound is so incredible, it's actually addictive. Here's a good demo of it.

therightjem

Re: My favorite pedal

Postby Treva » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:42 am

Instead of keep saying it's awesome, why don't you record some samples? ;)
"Continue to operate in an alternate universe all you want, I'll choose to operate in reality, and laugh at people like you." - Tampabro
Treva
ADM

Postby Treva » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:43 am

Instead of keep saying it's awesome, why don't you record some samples?
Cause you know, we don't speak about audio, we listen ;)
"Continue to operate in an alternate universe all you want, I'll choose to operate in reality, and laugh at people like you." - Tampabro
Treva
ADM

Postby therightjem » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:59 am

I suppose I could do that. Recording really isn't my thing, so it will be hard to come close to anything like the video I posted.
therightjem

Postby Treva » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:02 am

Isn't your thing?
If you don't record you don't listen to yourself, you don't compose, you don't move forward.
Just put a mic in front of the amp, find the sweet spot and record it.
Not rocket science expecially because you know tone is in the fingers ;)
Treva
ADM

Postby therightjem » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:09 am

I guess I didn't pick the best words. I meant I'm not really good at it. I do record, but when I do, I record direct from the amp.
therightjem

Postby therightjem » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:37 pm

Treva wrote:Isn't your thing?
If you don't record you don't listen to yourself, you don't compose, you don't move forward.
Just put a mic in front of the amp, find the sweet spot and record it.
Not rocket science expecially because you know tone is in the fingers ;)

By the way, you talked me into it. I started today. It's just going to be a single track with things played without the pedal, then with the pedal. Should be good for comparison's sake.
therightjem

Postby Treva » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:44 pm

Cool!
Just put a sure in front of your amp and record it ;)
Treva
ADM

Postby therightjem » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:50 pm

Well, I record direct, using the amp's Red Box. I have a SM57, but I think I gave the mic stand away. I wasn't ever able to make the mic sound good. Direct always sounded better. Maybe I was supposed to play louder, but I don't like loud at all. My ears ring enough already.
therightjem

Postby Treva » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:17 pm

It's not mic that's sounding bad(unless it's broken), it's your amp, mic just trasmits sound to your puter, just move it around to find the sweet spot, remember what's recorded is exact the sound your amp is delivering, if you don't like it recorded, you shouldn't like it being in front of your amp too, put mic in the same place you are when playing , this way you'll record the same tone you're listening ;)
Treva
ADM

Next

Return to Pedals & Racks