Mesa Lonestar

Mesa Lonestar

Postby Nazzer » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:05 pm

This is one amp I'd like to "boogie" down with. My kinda tone.

I hate you Timmons!! Give me your Mesas!!!! lol

Nazzer
ADM

Re: Mesa Lonestar

Postby Treva » Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:55 am

Nah, mesas suck, they're fake.
I spoke to Edward Snowden and he told me mesa puts pods inside of their amps BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

BTW OMG the whole world didn't know USA spies everybody just like ANY OTHER smart country?
Seriously?
So USA has the power to do that but it shouldn't do?
Bite me.
Of course you guys spy on everybody, you have the tools to do that so who in God's name could think you guys don't do it?
Retardeds?
So if my country had that power it wouldn't use it?
Bite me.
It's really sad you guys wasting time spying our stupid, crap and thief brazilian president, what a tremendous waste of time, at least now that you know all crap politicians put us through, do something, help us....................PLEAAAAAAAAAAASE :evil:
"Continue to operate in an alternate universe all you want, I'll choose to operate in reality, and laugh at people like you." - Tampabro
Treva
ADM

Postby Nazzer » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:06 am

Mesa builds satellites for the government now too?........
Nazzer
ADM

Postby Treva » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:13 am

Nazzer wrote:Mesa builds satellites for the government now too?........

Yeah with awesome 12ax7a tubes :roll:
"Continue to operate in an alternate universe all you want, I'll choose to operate in reality, and laugh at people like you." - Tampabro
Treva
ADM

Postby therightjem » Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:41 pm

Mesa TA series sounds pretty damn good, too.

therightjem

Postby Treva » Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:06 pm

I already recorded a ton of Marshalls and 4 mesas(rectos/triaxis/mark3/dc series).
One thing I learned for sure, people came to the studio with their Marshall tones saying they were the best tone in the world, once we recorded the whole band and started mixing they realized it was the best tone in the world alone but in a mix it sucked.Yep you can polish a turd but it'll be a shiny turd so we recorded Marshalls again but with some pedals to make them sound at least good, and "some pedals" meaning A LOT of tweaking and recording, then in the mix more tweaking, a freakin' pain in the ass, I'm not an electronics engineer so I can't explain why Marshalls are that way, and it was not a studio problem cause I worked for different studios and tried a lot of gear(mics/preamps), results were always the same, A LOT of tweaking.
With mesas, you put a mic in front of them and the only thing you have to do in the mix is equalizing it to fit the mix and not equalizing it trying to make it sound better.If you put side by side a Marshall and a Mesa full stacks and play a riff in front of each one you'll hear how fat/lush/rich Mesas sound even without any pedal in front of them, they deliver an explosion of positive harmonics, negative harmonics are what makes digital distortion sound a little out of tune expecially when playing chords with distortion, distorted tube chords sound big, digital distorted chords sound like a mass, blame it on negative harmonics.

So even if I hated Mesa tone I'd be able to tell they sound better than Marshalls, why?
Only an electronics engineer who worked building both brands could tell us ;)
Treva
ADM

Postby Nazzer » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:02 pm

I still love my Marshall DSL's though. They do a great job for live setting.

But rarely use them for recording.
Nazzer
ADM

Postby Treva » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:04 pm

Nazzer wrote:I still love my Marshall DSL's though. They do a great job for live setting.

How could you know they're doing a great job, you're playing and not at the crowd?
You'd have to record your gig then hear if what you think is what's really happening ;)
Treva
ADM

Postby Nazzer » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:23 pm

Treva wrote:
Nazzer wrote:I still love my Marshall DSL's though. They do a great job for live setting.

How could you know they're doing a great job, you're playing and not at the crowd?
You'd have to record your gig then hear if what you think is what's really happening ;)

Exactly. :roll:

We have recorded some gigs. But you don't need a professional mix to hear a good sounding amp tone.
Live is Live. ;)
Nazzer
ADM

Postby therightjem » Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:35 am

Actually, most of Timmons' tone on his album Resolution was old Marshalls. He ultimately went with Mesa amps because they replicated that sound with less fuss. That is, if less fuss means two different Mesa amp brands together.

All of that said I think amp selection is more about taste than anything.
therightjem

Return to Amps