Why God Why?!

Why God Why?!

Postby Treva » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:50 am

I was born in samba country, why?! :evil:

Fucking cuuuuuuuuuuuute!
Anyone who lives in USA and buy pods should be hanged!

"Continue to operate in an alternate universe all you want, I'll choose to operate in reality, and laugh at people like you." - Tampabro
Treva
ADM

Re: Why God Why?!

Postby DamagedInTransit » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:19 am

I live in the US and have a Pod XT Live. I quite like it, although it took me a really long time to dial in an overdrive sound I liked. Simple fact is some of my amps have the most beautiful clean sounds ever but will NOT break up. Other pedals I have tried gave me similarly disappointing results. ehx metal muff was pretty good, but the pod xt live is a lot more versatile and convenient when I do not want to drag a lot of equipment somewhere to just hang out and drink beers.
"Sometimes there just aren't enough rocks..." -F. Gump. American entrepreneur, soldier, scholar, philosopher.
DamagedInTransit

Postby therightjem » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:31 pm

Some nice sounds in that amp. It's similar in design to the H&K TM18, with a few things added (reverb, and boost on channel 1). Sounds a little better for metal.
therightjem

Postby Nazzer » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:38 pm

Treva thinks we're all rich.

If you come to the US, your safest bet would be to find a wealthy single chick that only wants to marry
a Brazilian guy. Only then can you get Petrucci's rack.... or better yet, her rack. :lol:
Nazzer
ADM

Postby Treva » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:48 pm

The majority have 10 guitars and a crap pod.
For God sake buy only 5 guitars and a good amp.
Tone is much more important than the number of guitars you have.
What's the point of having 10 guitars and a crap tone?
The basic stuff is instrument + amp.
There are amps in all prices range and some were designed to sound good even in low volumes.
Use a pod to practicing and composing but amps have balls to make people bang their heads 8-)
If you lived in a place where you could buy only crap line 6 chinese amps with mesa boogie prices, you'll understand my crying and notice how luck you guys are there, no matter in what situation you guys are remember life here is 10 times more difficult, we pay the highest taxes on earth but politicians give nothing back, everything public is rotten but the worst is.............................guitarists can't have good amps and Treva can't have a mesa :evil:

:lol:
"Continue to operate in an alternate universe all you want, I'll choose to operate in reality, and laugh at people like you." - Tampabro
Treva
ADM

Postby therightjem » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:45 am

So, I'm guessing it's good that I don't really know what a Pod even is?
therightjem

Postby Nazzer » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:37 am

therightjem wrote:So, I'm guessing it's good that I don't really know what a Pod even is?

Yep, Pods suck. I hate em. :lol:
Nazzer
ADM

Postby DamagedInTransit » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:52 am

You guys should really give it a chance before you knock it. I mean, I probably wouldn't gig with it regularly but there are real situations where it's really useful.

Having a Marshall stack is cool and everything, and nothing nails that tone exactly right, but that thing kills my back to take anywhere. Gotta save some energy to actually play when I get there, especially if it's going to be a long, informal session. But here's a couple practical applications:

This is my living room setup for just sitting on the couch. This amp has the most beautiful clean sound, but it will absolutely not break up. So I need something in front of it. It turns out what I had left (I gave away my metal muff) also has other fx on it like chorus, flange, wah, etc. I won't kid, it took me a REAL long time to find the tone I like on it because I am very picky about my overdrive sound. I ended up changing output setting that were not intuitive (certain type of speaker emulation and some eq stuff) but I'm pretty happy with it now, especially how much more usable it has made this killer amp for a guy that doesn't play jazz/blues.

This clip is from a charity event I played at last year. We were given next to no setup time and the backline was not our own. So I knew in the rehearsals leading up to the event that I would be playing through someone else's amp but not what it was going to be or what it's tone or features would be. It ended up being a JCM900 half stack. So for the event, I programmed the tones I would need into my pod and output it to a clean channel on the house amp. This was the best way I could think of to ensure that the channel levels would be balanced, rather than taking my chances with whatever settings we would have at the amp on the stage, and to make sure I had the variety of sounds I needed for my set.

Now, that said, I don't think I would enjoy the pocket version of the pod if I couldn't control it with my feet while playing and I do find the overdrives to be sterile in general, but like I said, I did spend the time to get them acceptable. It allows me to take a much smaller setup (like a 112 tube combo) out somewhere than dragging a 100w head and a cabinet around.
"Sometimes there just aren't enough rocks..." -F. Gump. American entrepreneur, soldier, scholar, philosopher.
DamagedInTransit

Postby DamagedInTransit » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:08 am

Also, forgot to mention, if you want a cute little amp, this thing is great, although I'm not a big fan of their stock cabinet. Sounds better through my Marshall cab but that kind of defeats the purpose of having such a small amp.

DamagedInTransit

Return to Amps