My keyboard

My keyboard

Postby therightjem » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:12 am

This was the last sub-forum in the instruments category that didn't have a post. So here goes.

I assume everyone here, so far, is guitar players. How many of you utilize keyboards, and if you do, for what? I'm a hobby player only, so when composing a song, I have to do everything. I thought a keyboard would really help. A few years back, I bought this..

http://www.korg.com/microstation

I do bass guitar and keyboard parts with it, but it's a shame I don't learn more about this thing. It has a sequencer, which I've messed with a few times, but I'm still not really good with it. And should really learn how to play it some degree, as well. It's a pretty nice keyboard.
therightjem

Re: My keyboard

Postby Treva » Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:39 pm

I play bass, drums and keyboards in my songs.
I only use vst keyboards in my songs cause you know keyboards(electronics) are expensive here, with a midi controller(keyboard) I can have any keyboard sound I want.
I got these a couple of months ago:

They not only have awesome instruments sounds but AMAZING soundscapes, watch these videos and you'll see what I'm talking about.
BTW my midi controller is a fucking crap CASIO with no sensitive keys :lol:
There is a ton of vsts out there with any sound you need plus with vsts you don't need to keep retracking to try different sounds, you just change your vst's patch ;)
"Continue to operate in an alternate universe all you want, I'll choose to operate in reality, and laugh at people like you." - Tampabro
Treva
ADM

Postby linuxpenguin » Fri May 02, 2014 8:23 pm

Treva, I have some VST's I can send you dude. I dunno if I can email them though, might be too damn big haha
linuxpenguin

Postby Spectre » Wed May 07, 2014 1:36 pm

I have a keyboard, but rarely use it.
Used to just set a preprogrammed beat loop for inspiration.
One half of the Pepper Bros Party Machine!
Spectre
ADM

Postby TommySixGun » Mon May 19, 2014 4:47 am

I play the piano, so I have a Korg O1W music workstation....pretty awesome for adding strings, piano or synth to songs..I don't really use it as a sequencer, but I do use it with a midi connection to transcribe from playing to notation or sometimes I write the notation (cakewalk) and go the other way.

Tommy Pastrami

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2
TommySixGun
ADM

Postby Nazzer » Fri May 23, 2014 11:15 pm

I'm not much of a keyboardist, but I've added some small piano and synth parts to some of my songs.
Mostly on an Alesis midi controller. I used to have a Roland Juno and a couple other synths.
Like Treva I normally use VST's on some programs. They've really come a long way with producing top notch sounds.
No need to spend thousands on grand pianos and Moogs anymore. It's all at your finger tips. ;)
Nazzer
ADM

Return to Keyboards