Some Live Playing

Talk about your band here.

Some Live Playing

Postby DamagedInTransit » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:14 pm

I don't know if I posted this here or not. If you've seen it already, just ignore it.

This was my last live performance. Wasn't my normal band but a band of people from work for a corporate battle of the bands for a charity event in 2012.

That's me on far right playing the Moderne.



"Sometimes there just aren't enough rocks..." -F. Gump. American entrepreneur, soldier, scholar, philosopher.
User avatar
DamagedInTransit
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:15 am
Location: Northeastern USA

Re: Some Live Playing

Postby Nazzer » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:10 am

If I could get my co-workers to start a band like that, we'd might actually get along. :mrgreen:

I've seen this before, but glad you posted it here. Cool performance.
User avatar
Nazzer
ADM
 
Posts: 182
Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:56 pm
Location: USA

Re: Some Live Playing

Postby DamagedInTransit » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:06 am

Thanks man. It was a lot of fun. Most of the guitar you hear is me because they kinda messed up the levels.
"Sometimes there just aren't enough rocks..." -F. Gump. American entrepreneur, soldier, scholar, philosopher.
User avatar
DamagedInTransit
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:15 am
Location: Northeastern USA

Re: Some Live Playing

Postby Nazzer » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:22 pm

They always mess up my levels too. They turn my guitar down. :lol:
User avatar
Nazzer
ADM
 
Posts: 182
Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:56 pm
Location: USA

Re: Some Live Playing

Postby DamagedInTransit » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:05 am

I felt bad for the lead palyer. He's such a technically better guitar player than me and he basically got drowned out, but truthfully, you don't really need leads on those kind of songs. As long as the singer is on his game, that's what people are going to remember.
"Sometimes there just aren't enough rocks..." -F. Gump. American entrepreneur, soldier, scholar, philosopher.
User avatar
DamagedInTransit
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:15 am
Location: Northeastern USA

Re: Some Live Playing

Postby therightjem » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:41 am

DamagedInTransit wrote:I felt bad for the lead palyer. He's such a technically better guitar player than me and he basically got drowned out, but truthfully, you don't really need leads on those kind of songs. As long as the singer is on his game, that's what people are going to remember.


I don't know. To me, everything sounds better with lead guitar. 8-)
User avatar
therightjem
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:35 am
Location: Stewart's house!

Re: Some Live Playing

Postby DamagedInTransit » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:00 am

That's why I'm a bad guitar player (figuratively, I mean). To me, the message is in the lyrics, the music just sets a mood.
"Sometimes there just aren't enough rocks..." -F. Gump. American entrepreneur, soldier, scholar, philosopher.
User avatar
DamagedInTransit
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:15 am
Location: Northeastern USA

Re: Some Live Playing

Postby Treva » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:09 am

So instrumental music has no message?
Classical music has no message?
A book is always better than a movie cause you create your own visions about what book is saying, the same with instrumental music, you don't have lyrics so notes send a message and it's up to you to receive it.
Besides all of that 99,9% of all lyrics are dumb, specialy with rock/pop lyrics so I really don't care about what drugged vagabonds have to say, when I want good lyrics progressive music is the only thing I like to listen, as an example DT has some awesome lyrics, some are poetries and some have so much stuff between the lines, I had to study a lot about USA history to understand some stuff they wrote.Of course they have some weak lyrics too but the majority is damn good.
"Continue to operate in an alternate universe all you want, I'll choose to operate in reality, and laugh at people like you." - Tampabro
User avatar
Treva
ADM
 
Posts: 400
Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:19 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: Some Live Playing

Postby therightjem » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:17 am

DamagedInTransit wrote:That's why I'm a bad guitar player (figuratively, I mean). To me, the message is in the lyrics, the music just sets a mood.


Well, instrumental music conflicts with this view. And even in vocal rock music, the mood is better with lead guitar. :mrgreen:
User avatar
therightjem
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:35 am
Location: Stewart's house!

Re: Some Live Playing

Postby DamagedInTransit » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:30 pm

Treva wrote:So instrumental music has no message?
Classical music has no message?
A book is always better than a movie cause you create your own visions about what book is saying, the same with instrumental music, you don't have lyrics so notes send a message and it's up to you to receive it.
Besides all of that 99,9% of all lyrics are dumb, specialy with rock/pop lyrics so I really don't care about what drugged vagabonds have to say, when I want good lyrics progressive music is the only thing I like to listen, as an example DT has some awesome lyrics, some are poetries and some have so much stuff between the lines, I had to study a lot about USA history to understand some stuff they wrote.Of course they have some weak lyrics too but the majority is damn good.


Chill out, man. That is actually not what I said. You're taking it to an extreme. But basically, from my perspective of appreciating literature, words have very specific but nuanced meanings. The notes and passages can be complex but A# does not have a defined, specific meaning like "stupendous." And yes, sometimes the feeling is important too, but I won't listen to a piece of music if I find the lyrics hateful or otherwise offensive. That's just my opinion dude. So much for respecting other musical preferences, eh?

...To me, the message is in the lyrics, the music just sets a mood.


I stand by this statement. And I acknowledge the message is sometimes awful, or trite, or old. You might be a professional musician, but that doesn't invalidate my right to have an opinion about what enjoyment I get from it. I wasn't telling YOU what to think I was just stating MY opinion.
"Sometimes there just aren't enough rocks..." -F. Gump. American entrepreneur, soldier, scholar, philosopher.
User avatar
DamagedInTransit
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:15 am
Location: Northeastern USA

Next

Return to About your band

cron