Some Live Playing

Talk about your band here.

Re: Some Live Playing

Postby Treva » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:42 pm

Chill out?
I was just trying to understand your opinion.
Or should we all just read other opinions then shut up?
That won't be a forum.
Friendship is built on EXCHANGING ideas and talking about them, if you don't want other members trying to understand your point of view, why bother to post them?
If you said that to a bunch of friends of course some of them(if not all of them) will discuss it and get other opinions, that's friendship, a place where everybody posts their opinions and nobody cares is not a forum, it's called solitude, you should be happy cause some tried to understand your point of view instead of giving you their backs ;)

BTW what the fact I work as a musician has to do with trying to understand your point of view?
So I shouldn't be a musician to do that?
Trying to understand your opinion to you means I'm telling you what to think?
Strange.
So to you we cannot discuss opinions?
Sorry man I can't get your point cause all societies were built on discussing opinions, when people stopped doing that wars exploded :lol:
"Continue to operate in an alternate universe all you want, I'll choose to operate in reality, and laugh at people like you." - Tampabro
Treva
ADM

Postby DamagedInTransit » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:58 am

Treva wrote:Chill out?
I was just trying to understand your opinion.
Or should we all just read other opinions then shut up?
That won't be a forum.
Friendship is built on EXCHANGING ideas and talking about them, if you don't want other members trying to understand your point of view, why bother to post them?
If you said that to a bunch of friends of course some of them(if not all of them) will discuss it and get other opinions, that's friendship, a place where everybody posts their opinions and nobody cares is not a forum, it's called solitude, you should be happy cause some tried to understand your point of view instead of giving you their backs ;):

You didn't try to understand shit. I'm pretty sure I stated my position as an opinion, not indisputable fact. You just asked a couple rhetorical questions and then quoted me chapter and verse why I was wrong. That, sir, is not an attempt to understand. That is an attempt to persuade, verbally coerce and convert.

Treva wrote:BTW what the fact I work as a musician has to do with trying to understand your point of view?
So I shouldn't be a musician to do that?
Trying to understand your opinion to you means I'm telling you what to think?
Strange.
So to you we cannot discuss opinions?
Sorry man I can't get your point cause all societies were built on discussing opinions, when people stopped doing that wars exploded :lol:

Nice. And at the end you throw another shot across my bow implying my stupidity or the invalidity of my stance.

This thread is the third time I have intended to say something; this time I'm not backing down and swallowing my opinion.

You know, I'm all for polite civil discussion, it's how we exchange information and maybe get exposed to new ideas and concepts but I don't think this is constructive. Every time I have an opinion about something musical, or equipment related you seem to have some condescending comment. I do not begrudge you your opinion, we are a diverse group with different backgrounds and interests and what's right for me is not necessarily going to work for you and vice versa, but I take a bit of offense to the manner in which it's presented. I have friends I have known my whole life that I don't take that kind of tone from. It's just not necessary to get a contrary point across.

You are a talented musician, Treva and I'm sure you're a decent guy in person, I've even had a couple amusing conversations with you on other topics. But written text does not come off the same way as casual conversation. I've said my piece and that's all I'm going to say about it. I'll be back in a week when the holidays are over and things are back to normal for me. If you want to ban me in the mean time, feel free. Your board, your rules.
"Sometimes there just aren't enough rocks..." -F. Gump. American entrepreneur, soldier, scholar, philosopher.
DamagedInTransit

Postby Treva » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:04 am

Dude , I don't ban people because they have different opinions, maybe you're going too much to forums where kids are adms.
You're free to share ANY opinion you have and we are free to agree, disagree or discuss it, that's why it's a forum, if you can't stand people disagreeing to you or even questioning your opinion probably a forum is not for you, writing a book would be a better option cause nobody would reply.
You should know texts have no feelings(tone as you said) cause we can't see the face of the poster or hear his voice so WE get whatever we want from texts and sometimes WE are wrong, in this case you're wrong, it was my text and I'm saying you got it upside down, that's your option to believe what I'm saying or not.
And please stop talking about my job, you have nothing to do with it the same way I have nothing to with yours so it's pointless keep talking about it cause this thread has nothing to do with whatever I do in my life.

Please read the only rule we have here, it's only 1 rule so it won't take too much of your time, if you had read it you'd never say something so infantile as getting banned because I'm not 16 and we're not in school, you can disagree to me or any member how much you want and you'll never get banned, any kind of prejudice will.

[/quote]
"Continue to operate in an alternate universe all you want, I'll choose to operate in reality, and laugh at people like you." - Tampabro
Treva
ADM

Previous

Return to About your band