New DT DVD

All Music discussion here.

New DT DVD

Postby Treva » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:41 am

Three days after have watched their 3 hours gig and now just watched their new 3 hours dvd I can only hope those guys won't stop before I die cause I don't want to live in a world without new DT songs, I've been in love with that band since 1994.Technique is not talent cause music theory is the same to everybody, the way you use your technique = talent ;)
Thanks USA for those guys..............and for....................mesa boogie :mrgreen:

"Continue to operate in an alternate universe all you want, I'll choose to operate in reality, and laugh at people like you." - Tampabro
Treva
ADM

Re: New DT DVD

Postby gunfighter1968 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:35 am

I couldn't agree with you any more! Like you, I have been a fan since Images and Words, and there is no reason to listen to anything else. The new Blueray DVD has a permanent home in my PS3. I hope they never quit making music either, unless I become deaf or die. My wife has just recently been getting into their music a lot, and wishes that she would have appreciated all their concerts a little more than she did at the time. My 80 year old parents came with us to the latest tour stop in April and loved it. They bought T-shirts afterwards, and mom said she couldn't understand how 5 guys can make such a big sound. Take care for now.....I've got some new stuff on my YouTube channel I'll post links to soon.
gunfighter1968
Friend

Postby Treva » Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:52 am

80 year old parents who like DT???!!!
WOW that's awesome!
"Continue to operate in an alternate universe all you want, I'll choose to operate in reality, and laugh at people like you." - Tampabro
Treva
ADM

Postby gunfighter1968 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:49 am

[quote][/quote]My parents had their iPhones out taking pictures too. Mom had me make a cd for her. Her favorite song is spirit carries on, and she said she gets teary listening to the bigger picture. My dad still takes guitar lessons and wore his DT shirt to his lesson that week. He asked his teacher if he could learn to play like Petrucci! LOL.
gunfighter1968
Friend

Postby Treva » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:14 pm

Anybody can, lock the door and prepare to have as a friend only a metronome for 8 hours per day.
That's why he's that good.
While some think he's a God, I think he and other artists are very limited persons who do well only one thing so they have to be good.
What would be really a surprise would be, after a thousand hours practicing and gigging all around the world he sounded like Cobain :lol:
Being good was expected for someone who has been holding a guitar more than any other thing ;)
Treva
ADM

Postby gunfighter1968 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:59 pm

Treva, after seeing your video for Forsaken, your playing is very inspiring. The solo is killer. How long have you been playing, and how often do you practice? I have been playing for 32 years, and I think my biggest problem is a lack of discipline to use a metronome. How do you approach learning a song like that? I have always figured out stuff by ear, due to the lack of Internet, YouTube, and tabs growing up.... Which I think most players learning these days, should try to step away from the computer, and learn a song by picking up the needle on a turntable and moving it back to hear the same part over a hundred times.
gunfighter1968
Friend

Postby Treva » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:34 am

I've been playing guitar since I was 17 but as a professional since I was 19.
Thanks for your nice words but that solo belongs to Petrucci, the only kudos I deserve(if I deserve any) is for taking time to learn and record it, Petrucci created it so kudos to him.

gunfighter1968 wrote:Which I think most players learning these days, should try to step away from the computer, and learn a song by picking up the needle on a turntable and moving it back to hear the same part over a hundred times.

So you're saying people should go against technology?
Nonsense, you should embrace it, what matters is music and not how people learn it.
For sure I started learning songs slowing down my turntable or tapes which was a nightmare but then technology came and my(or) life(s) became easier, the majority of tabs come with mistakes specially the most technical ones so generally I have to correct them.I've been playing covers for 25 years so I wish I could have swallowed a pill with all technique I needed instead of WASTED a thousand hours alone with a metronome, someday we'll be able to do that, just swallow a pill with any technique we want , technique is just teaching our muscles what to do, the way we use our technique is talent, so skipping muscles learning has nothing to do with cheating, we'll be only spending less time with muscles and more time making music, another example is with painting pictures, we'll skip the process of learning how to hold/move brushes and how to mix paintings, and spend most of the time painting.
Never go against technology cause you'll lose, just embrace it and use it to achieve whatever you want.
Treva
ADM

Return to General Music Discussions